Do Visit Our New Website @
DO MAKE USE of LINKS,
Greg Lance – Watkins
Leaked emails reveal Nigel Farage’s long-standing links to Julian Assange
- Emails leaked to Business Insider show long-standing links between Nigel Farage and WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange.
- Farage visited the Ecuadorean Embassy on Thursday but declined to say whether he had met Assange, who lives in exile there.
- UKIP has campaigned in the European Parliament on behalf of Assange.
LONDON — There was much confusion Thursday when Nigel Farage was spotted by BuzzFeed leaving the Ecuadorian Embassy in London — the residence of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
Asked why he was there, Farage replied that he couldn’t remember what he was doing in the building, adding, “I never discuss where I go or who I see.”
Emails leaked to Business Insider, however, reveal that UKIP under Farage’s leadership had long-standing links to Assange.
In February 2011, after a European Arrest Warrant had been issued in a case in which prosecutors sought to question Assange in connection with a sexual-assault allegation, UKIP repeatedly reached out to Assange to see how they could work together. Assange has not been charged in the case.
The office of UKIP MEP Gerard Batten contacted Assange’s lawyer Mark Stephens about “the possibility of meeting Mr Julian Assange.”
They added: “So far, UKIP London has been only British political party to openly support Mr Assange fight against EAW and his freedom of speech, and we would very much like to continue doing so.”
Leaked minutes of a subsequent meeting between Batten and Stephens reveal that Batten promised to table a motion in support of the WikiLeaks founder in the European Parliament. The party also offered the opportunity of a joint video press conference in Brussels.
The Farage-led Europe of Freedom and Democracy group subsequently tabled a motion attacking “the possible abuse of the European Arrest Warrant for political purposes.”
Sitting alongside Farage, Batten called for the Parliament to debate Assange’s arrest warrant.
“Is the Assange case about the alleged crimes committed or is it about the desire of America to extradite him from a compliant European country?” Batten asked MEPs.
When the European Parliament denied the chance for a debate on Assange, Batten later called them “contemptible.”
In an appearance on the Russian state broadcaster Russia Today, Batten also labelled the attempts to extradite Assange as a “legalised kidnap.”
A month later, the party organised a House of Lords event on the European Arrest Warrant with Assange’s lawyer as the star guest.
Senior UKIP figures including Farage and Steven Woolfe met with potential UKIP donors and journalists to speak out against the warrant.
One leaked email, sent by Farage’s former assistant Annabelle Fuller, suggests that he spoke with Assange’s lawyer at the event.
The Trump connection
Farage has also advocated on behalf of Assange since WikiLeaks’ involvement in the US presidential election.
Speaking on his LBC radio show in January, Farage repeated Assange’s denial of Russian involvement in the hacking of the Democratic National Committee and Democratic presidential nominee Hilary Clinton during the election.
“Julian Assange … is absolutely clear that all the information he has got is not from Russian sources,” Farage said.
The question of Farage’s trip to meet Assange was raised at a White House press conference on Thursday.
The White House press secretary, Sean Spicer, was asked whether Farage had visited Assange “on behalf” of Trump. Spicer did not answer the question, saying only that “I don’t keep [Farage’s] schedule. I generally don’t worry about what’s going on across the pond.”
Watch Trump’s spokesman questioned about Farage and Assange.A representative for Farage was contacted for comment.
The Trump family’s lavish lifestyle is costing taxpayers a fortune
Protecting the president isn’t easy or cheap, and according to estimates from The Washington Post, the cost to protect President Donald Trump and his family is on track to supersede the cost to protect former President Barack Obama and his family by hundreds of millions of dollars.
To view the original of this + video CLICK HERE
tel: 44 (0)1594 – 528 337
Calls from ‘Number Withheld’ phones Are Blocked
All unanswered messages are recorded.
Leave your name & a UK land line number & I will return your call.
‘e’Mail Address: Greg_L-W@BTconnect.com
ABOUT ME, Details & Links: CLICK HERE
Accuracy & Copyright Statement: CLICK HERE
UKIP Its ASSOCIATES & DETAILS: CLICK HERE
Summary & archive, facts & comments on Ukip: http://Ukip-vs-EUkip.com
General ‘Stuff’: http://GL-W.com
Leave-The-EU Referendum & BreXit Process CLICK HERE
Documents, Essays & Treaties: CLICK HERE
The Hamlet of Stroat: CLICK HERE
Data & The Study of a Wind Turbine Application: CLICK HERE
Health Blog.: CLICK HERE
Chepstow Chat: CLICK HERE
Christopher Story: CLICK HERE
Des Watkins DFC; CdeG: CLICK HERE/
Hollie Greig etc.: CLICK HERE
Psycheocracy: CLICK HERE
The McCann Case: CLICK HERE
The Speculative Society of Edinburgh: CLICK HERE
Stolen Kids, Dunblane: CLICK HERE
Stolen Kids, Bloggers: CLICK HERE
Views I respect & almost Totally Share: CLICK HERE
A Concept of Governance Worthy of Developement: CLICK HERE
- I NEVER post anonymously on the internet
- ALL MY BLOGS & WEB SITES are clearly sourced to me
- I do NOT use an obfuscated eMail address to hide behind
- I do NOT use or bother reading FaceBook
- I DO have a Voice Mail Message System
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to answer identifiable eMails
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to phone back identifiable UK Land Line Messages
- I do NOT accept phone calls from witheld numbers
- I Regret due to BT in this area I have a rubbish Broadband connection
- I AM opposed to British membership of The EU
- I AM opposed to Welsh, Scottish or English Independence within an interdependent UK
- I am NOT a WARMIST
- I do NOT believe the IPCC Climate Propaganda re Anthropogenic Global Warming
- I AM strongly opposed to the subsidy or use of failed technologies eg. WIND TURBINES
- I AM IN FAVOUR of rapid research & development of NEW NUCLEAR technologies
- I see no evidence to trust POLITICIANS at any level or of any persuasion
- I do NOT believe in GODS singular or plural, Bronze Age or Modern
- I value the NHS as a HEALTH SERVICE NOT a Lifestyle support
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial or GBH rape.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial, terrorist, mass or for pleasure murder.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial gross child abuse including sexual.
- I do NOT trust or believe in armed police
- I do NOT believe in prolonging human life beyond reasonable expectation of sentient participatory intellectual existence
- I believe in EUTHENASIA under clearly defined & legal terms
- I try to make every effort to NOT infringe copyrights in any commercial way & make all corrections of fact brought to my attention by an identifiable individual
Re-TWEET my Twitterings