c#534* – Nick GRIFFIN A PROFILE
Clean EUkip up NOW & make UKIP electable!
The corruption of some of EUkip’s leadership
& NEC is what gives the remaining 10%
a bad name!
Nick GRIFFIN A PROFILE from The SUNDAY TIMES!
Profile: Nick Griffin
The BNP leader has won an unprecedented electoral victory by masking his extremism with sharp suits and an amiable front
Nick Griffin’s wit may have helped him to become the most successful far-right leader Britain has ever produced. Among his drinking chums, the chairman of the British National party is apt to perform a hilarious party piece: he removes his glass eye and lays it on the table. It is curious behaviour that draws attention to a mysterious chapter in his shadowy past.
Last weekend the BNP secured its biggest mainstream victory when Griffin became its second member to be elected to the European parliament, as MEP for the North West region. Hours earlier, Andrew Brons, another candidate, won a seat in Yorkshire and Humber.
Griffin, convicted of inciting racial hatred in 1998, has called Britain “a multiracial hell-hole”, British Muslims “the most appalling, insufferable people to have to live with”, overt homosexuality “repulsive” and the Holocaust “the hoax of the 20th century”. Last week a pelting of eggs sent him scrambling for cover at his victory press conference.
By Griffin’s account, he lost his left eye in an accident when a discarded bullet exploded in a pile of wood he was burning at his home in 1990. Others have speculated that the accident happened during “survivalist manoeuvres” – a version lent some credence because his wife, Jackie, was not informed until a week later.
The timing is interesting: Griffin had just left the extremist National Front (NF) after an ideological spat and was living in France, where he had cashed in on the 1980s property boom after buying houses in Shropshire. Leading a disgruntled breakaway faction of the NF, he founded a new movement with one of the most notorious fascists in Europe.
Griffin’s collaborator, Roberto Fiore, was wanted by police in Italy after the 1980 bombing of Bologna railway station, which left 85 people dead and 200 wounded. Fiore, leader of the far-right organisation Terza Posizione, was sentenced to 10 years’ imprisonment in his absence and had spent much of the decade lying low in Britain. In 1986 he and Griffin set up a lucrative business, later renamed Easy London, helping young students and workers to find accommodation and work in London. The profits went to fascist groups.
The new political movement conceived by Griffin and Fiore had the arresting title of the International Third Position, with a racist agenda aimed at Jews, blacks and immigrants. Bizarrely, Griffin’s anti-Israel stance led him to make a fundraising trip to Libya at Colonel Muammar Gadaffi’s expense in 1988 (a few weeks before the Lockerbie bombing) and to laud Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini, both of whom also shared Griffin’s antipathy to world capitalism, homosexuality and women’s rights.
Griffin’s professed sympathy with Islam’s values was at odds with his subsequent denunciation of the religion as “a wicked and vicious faith”, for which he was tried for inciting racial hatred in 2006 and found not guilty. His pragmatic U-turn allowed him to exploit public fears by claiming in the recent European election that Asian Muslims were sexually grooming white girls.
At any event, the loss of his eye changed his fortunes. The accident, he said, “knocked me out for a full year so I couldn’t finish the renovation work, interest rates went sky-high and I lost the whole lot”. He was declared bankrupt, owing £65,000, and dropped out of politics for a while.
These days he lives at an isolated stone farmhouse in the Welsh hills, about 10 miles from Welshpool. The two-acre property is guarded by security cameras, burglar alarms and two rottweilers named – with gloating insensitivity – Anne and Frank, after one of the most renowned Jewish victims of Nazi Germany.
Visiting members of the media, whom he amiably calls “lying scum”, tend to allow that Griffin is affable, funny and well read, as befits a Cambridge graduate. Only when fervour gets the better of him does spittle fleck his sharp suits and fashionable ties. His physical presence is unimpressive: of medium height, with a slight paunch accentuated by his bullet-proof jacket, he has dark brush-like hair and small, fleshy features.
According to his jovial wife, he has “never done a proper job” apart from renovating houses, chopping down trees and teaching foreign students English. “I’ve been the one who has actually gone out every day, working to keep us going financially,” said Jackie. “He’s spent his time playing at stupid politics. To Nick, it’s all a game.”
Jackie, a nurse who met Griffin while visiting her sister at Cambridge, may sometimes “hate the thought of being talked about as the wife of the BNP leader”, but by all accounts it is a happy marriage. She acts as Griffin’s assistant and a BNP administrator. They have four children, Jennifer, 23, Richard, 20, Rhiannon, 19, and Elen, 15, all Welsh speakers.
Griffin is now characterised as the most dangerous political figure since Sir Oswald Mosley led the British Union of Fascists. However, the BNP’s support was lower than at the previous European election and its victories this time are attributed in part to the collapse of the Labour vote. Griffin’s limited success has been to rebrand the party, muting its blatantly racist ideology – “Adolf went a bit too far” – and making the BNP “user-friendly” by tapping into the fears of the white working class about Islamic fundamentalism, immigration and jobs.
Griffin’s beliefs were instilled at an early age. His parents, Edwin and Jean, had met as Young Conservatives while heckling a Communist party meeting. Edwin, while serving in the RAF in India, had witnessed inter-racial violence during Partition, and returned home opposed to multiculturalism and immigration. He ran an electrical contracting business in Barnet, north London, where Griffin was born in 1959, but the business failed and the family moved to Suffolk.
Aged five, Griffin pedalled his tricycle up and down his street to campaign for Reginald Maudling, the Conservative candidate. After attending Woodbridge school in Suffolk, he won a sixth-form scholarship, becoming one of only two boys in the girls’ public school of Saint Felix, Southwold. According to Dominic Carman, his biographer, he was known as “Nick the Prick”, who told the school librarian: “I’m not an extremist; I’m a socialist – a national socialist.”
In 1974 Edwin, by now a Conservative councillor, was so dismayed by Britain’s leftward drift that he took his family to a National Front meeting in Norwich. Griffin, who had read Mein Kampf by the age of 13 and whose favourite game was “counting black people on the streets from the car window when my parents drove through London”, joined up soon afterwards.
The guest speaker that day was Martin Webster, the National Front’s activities organiser. Webster, who was openly gay despite the party’s homophobic stance, claimed Griffin turned up on his doorstep the following year and they began a two-year affair.
Griffin strongly denied the allegation, saying he couldn’t sue because no court would put any value on his reputation. “I did stay at his flat when I was 16, not knowing he was a poof,” he said. “I found out he was a poof because he tried it on, and I said, ‘No, thank you’.”
At Cambridge, where he studied history and law at Downing College, Griffin founded the Young National Front Students. A waiflike 8st loner, he was beaten up after an NF meeting and decided to learn to box. He became a boxing blue but graduated with a second-class degree, after which he spent a year on the dole. He began working for the NF, rising to its governing body and launching the magazine Nationalism Today.
After Griffin’s “accident” his parents saved him from financial ruin by selling their house. For a while he was a security man at the meetings of David Irving, the Holocaust-denying historian – “I looked quite good in a black leather jacket and an eye patch”. Griffin later reproached Irving for conceding that 4m Jews may have been killed by the Nazis.
In 1995 Griffin relaunched his political career when John Tyndall, an avowed Nazi who had founded the BNP in 1982, invited him to join the party. Griffin claimed he fell out with Tyndall over the latter’s policy on Muslims: “Because he hated Jews so much, he thought Muslims couldn’t be all that bad if they didn’t like Jews.” With majority support in the party, Griffin became BNP leader in 1999, ousting Tyndall in a bloodless coup.
He embarked on making the BNP electable, concealing his own extremism. He depicted party members as “politically incorrect rebels” rather than a bunch of skinheads; indeed, bomber jackets gave way to suits. The watchword was “normality”. He declared: “We are the first glimmer of resistance from the British people against being turned into a minority in our own homeland.”
In a moment of candour, he admitted that the BNP’s hope lay in public despair: “The worse the mess, then the more one rubs one’s hands with glee.” In another unguarded lapse, he told a journalist: “Basically, it’s race hatred, isn’t it?” He dreams of an old England, when “serfdom had given way to huge numbers of people owning their own plot of land and having access to the village commons”. If Griffin’s BNP has a future, it will always be looking back to the past.
To view the original article and many comments CLICK HERE
Interestingly it will be noted that Griffin has castigated this article as a pack of lies which he requests his supporters to complain about to The PCC – however it would seem he has identified none of the so called ‘lies’.
The one point about The BNP’s recent electoral achievement was the tremendous help received from EUkip and Farage & Croucher particularly, who could hardly manage two consecutive sentences without promoting awareness of TheBNP – organisations like Searchlight, UAF, Fabians, Common Purpose and other similar extremist pressure groups and parties have greatly helped TheBNP.
Most forms of fungus and corrosion thrive in darkness and the foetid secrecy of suppression – the death nell of TheBNP is in its present electoral achievement where as representatives of the people it MUST acquit its duty under the law since it now functions with public money performing a public function.
I find Griffin has identified these much vaunted ‘lies’ in a separate document:
On Sunday 14th June the Sunday Times printed an article headlined “Profile Nick Griffin”, which contained the following inaccuracies:
1) First off, in the printed version of the Sunday Times article on page 23, in large bold letters below the title, it says “That Adolf…he went a bit too far” – and falsely attributed this sickening quote to BNP Chairman Nick Griffin! Mr. Griffin has never used such words. We should make clear that it appears that the article is largely based on Dominic Carman, whom the article claims is “Nick Griffin’s biographer”. Dominic was contacted by Nick with a view to doing a biography, but within several days it became clear that Dominic was not to be trusted and therefore was never Mr. Griffin’s biographer on an official basis and no book was ever released with Mr. Griffin’s endorsement.
2) The Sunday Times claimed that Jackie Griffin did not know of Nick’s accident in which he lost his left eye until a week later. That is untrue, as it was just 2 days later through no fault of Mr. Griffins.
3) Nick did not lose his eye on any kind of “survivalist manoeuvres”, it was a live shotgun cartridge which had been discarded in rubbish on a open fire from a house clearance.
4) The Sunday Times claimed that the Italian Roberto Fiore was wanted by police and convicted of a bombing. The Sunday Times had left out that Roberto was cleared of all of those charges and listed as a innocent victim in the whole affair by the Italian authorities.
5) The paper claims that Nick was some kind of business partner to Roberto Fiore. Nick has never setup or been partners on any business venture with Roberto Fiore.
6) It is claimed that Nick has named his two dogs “Anne” and “Frank”. This is completely untrue and is sheer fantasy as his two dogs are called “Belle” and “Otto”, names given to them by their previous owner.
7) Jackie Griffin, Nick’s wife, has never said any of the following statements (in full, part or implied):
– He (Nick) “never done a proper job”
– “I’ve been the one who has gone out to work every day, working to keep us going financially”
– “He’s spent his time playing at stupid politics, to Nick, it’s all a game”
– “hate the thought of being talked about as the wife of the BNP leader”
8) Nick was never known as “Nick The Prick” at school. It’s another Dominic Carman fantasy.
9) “Counting black people” from his parent’s car was never a game that Nick played, yet another lie.
10) Nick was never beaten up at a National Front meeting though his father was – the Sunday Times couldn’t even get the name of his father right; it’s Edgar not Edwin.
11) The article claims that Nick was a security man for David Irving’s meetings. He was for one meeting and that was it.
12) Nick did not “oust” John Tyndall in some kind of “bloodless coup” – he mounted a democratic leadership challenge and won.
13) The Sunday Times or one of their “sources” has even gone so far as to play word games, quoting Nick out of context with this gem: “In another unguarded lapse he told a journalist: ‘Basically it’s race hatred, isn’t it?'” Of course, what they don’t tell us is that Nick was talking about our opponent’s views and ideology.
– we can can move on to the refusal of Griffin and TheBNP to either distance themselves from or denounce their roots in the vile and extremist White Supremacist movement of The USA – groups that institutionalised the ritual killing of some 4-5,000 individuals for entertainment and bonding of its members in their participation in the vile crimes based on race, colour and belief.
I do not believe that there is EVER a morally acceptable contingency where a vote for The BNP is acceptable.
A vote for The BNP may well be the lesser of two evils but I consider it a vote for evil on any occasion.
NEVER FORGET that The BNP has failed/refused to repudiate its association with White Supremacist Extremists and the murder of some 4-5,000 mostly young men BECAUSE they are coloured – including an elected Black Mayor January 2008 & a Mexican American 2009.
Similarly they have failed to renounce their past association with extreme anti Judaism.
To VOTE BNP is to Vote for Evil.
TO LEAVE THE EU
What is the exit and survival plan for these United Kingdoms to maximise on the many benefits of leaving The EU. It is the DUTY of our Politicians and Snivil Cervants to ensure the continuity, liberty and right to self determination of our peoples they have a DUTY to protect against crime and secure both our food and our border.
NONE of these DUTIES has a single British politician upheld for 40 years. They have drawn their incomes fraudulently and dishonesty.
Politicians are failing to tell the truth, but so are almost all wanabe Politicians, the MSM and Snivil Cervants.
The fact is that even if EVERY British MEP wanted change in The EU it would achieve NOTHING.
Every single British Politician, of EVERY Party, elected since before we joined the EUropean Common Market, has promised to change The EU’s CAP – In 40 Years they have achieved absolutely NOTHING!
To try to put a value on OUR Freedom is as futile as floccipaucinihilipilification and as odious as the metissage of our societies, as we rummage in the ashes of our ancestors dreams, sacrifices and achievements, the flotsam of our hopes and the jetsam of our lives, consider the Country and Anglosphere which we leave our children and the future, with shame!
01291 – 62 65 62
PLEASE POST THIS TAG AS FOLLOWS:ON YOUR eMAILS & BLOGS, FORUM POSTINGS & MAILINGS – GET THE MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE IT IS OUR BEST HOPE AS WHOEVER IS APPOINTED WILL MAKE NO DIFFERENCE AS PROVED!
I SUGGEST – since there is clearly no political party of repute, advocating or campaigning for withdrawal of these United Kingdoms from the EU and restoration of our independent sovereign, democracy, with Justice & the right to self determination in a free country. Deny the self seeking & meaningless wanabe MEPs the Mythical Mandate for which they clamour. Diktat is imposed from The EU but Law should be made at Westminster, for our Country & our Peoples.
Write Upon Your Ballot Paper:
LEAVE THE EU