Paint Balls At Dawn?
No NOT A comment on Godfrey, Gawain, Bannerman or Farage!
NO, Too serious for yet another Croucher/Farage UKIP stunt!
THIS is about who controls the money!!
fossiking around the internet, as is my wont, I tripped over this entry on a blog and responses that may interest or even inform you the original is at: CLICK HERE if you wish to read more or to join his conversation.
“In a brief form of the statement, Tim Congdon tells potential supporters: “Tim Congdon and Gerard Batten have announced that they will be working together in a joint bid for the leadership of the UK Independence Party. Gerard Batten has decided to stand down and to support the candidature of Tim Congdon. If Tim Congdon is elected Leader of the UK Independence Party, he will appoint Gerard Batten as Deputy Leader and Head of Policy Development.“
“This is a race that just got a darn sight more interesting…“
And, I would venture, ‘bloody’………….. FFS UKIP!
James Higham said…
- That sort of thing is hardly helpful.
- The Talking Clock said…
- Thank you for the generous hat-tip.I’m hoping that the characters do not resort to internal warfare and hope that any – cough – ‘positioning’ of individual characters stays in the realm of private debate rather than bursting into the public domain.I have met all three of the declared and known candidates for my interview series and, while all three are very different in terms of personality, they were all incredibly warm and kind people.It’s for that latter reason that I *hope* that the gentlemen in the race can maintain a generous, fair and healthy contest. I’m optimistic that they will…
- Witterings From Witney said…
- JH – As they say, I do know that (only too well).TTC – my pleasure. Unfortunately I believe your wishes are misplaced – seen it all before. Yes all three are reasonable men but………there will be blood!
Autonomous Mind said…
- A new cenre-right party without the ‘single issue’ baggage is required now.
- Witterings From Witney said…
- AM, agreed. However UKIP do possess those policies but it seems that rather than promote them they would rather have a bloodbath. I say that with heavy heart in the I support their policies entirely – they most definitely are centre right.As to your suggestion/conclusion – fine, how do we start one and who heads it? You can forget Hannan and Carswell – they are too wedded to their careers and I have virtually given up on them.
- Hi,I incline to agree with TTC and commend his comment:I *hope* that the gentlemen in the race can maintain a generous, fair and healthy contest.I’m not optimistic that he will be able to and thus in the face of the usual barage of smearing and deception – already started with abuse of staff and phone calls and the positioning of campaign managers and a toady as opposition to split the vote and prevent a fair fight I would hazard a prediction that it is all over bar the sneering& that was UKIP!There is absolutely no value in ANY Party from now on as our laws are made by our enemies at worst rivals at best.There is no value in discussion of policies that can NEVER be implemented whilst in The EU – and be minded NO PARTY has ever put forward an Exit & Survival Strategy.It will take 10 years from when we leave to be in a position to consider our own policies so play all you like at being political but without Leave-the-EU as a basis you are wasting yours and everyone else’s time and working for the enemy.Have a look at www.Leave-the-EU.org.UK on google and http://TheMidnightGroup.blogspot.com likewise.There are no answers but there is a step forward YOU can help build.When THE Gentleman in the UKIP blood bath wakes up perhaps he would care to come and help us do something constructive – UKIP is a part of the problem and offers no part of the solution.Regards,Greg_L-W.