Self Serving Egotism Passed Off As Leadership!
Posted by Greg Lance - Watkins (Greg_L-W) on 09/11/2016
Greg Lance – Watkins
is what gives the remaining 10% a bad name!
I am, I said…
November 9th, 2016.
Just days before the US Presidential elections, the London Evening Standard published an op-ed by Nigel Farage MEP on the race to the White House (Trump is not perfect but he is the agent of change we need- Nov 4th).
Farage drew parallels between Trump’s supporters and those who voted in favour of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU – Brexit – in June of this year. Certainly the campaigns have been similar, with concerns about security, the economy, health care, crime, and unemployment all being placed firmly within the contexts of immigration and Islamic Fundamentalism. This is populism at its most simplistic; find an enemy, and blame him for all your nation’s woes. This strategy of issue linkage draws everything together; buck-passing, safety in numbers, patriotism, and at the end, salvation through national sovereignty. It certainly worked in Germany in the 1930s.
But the most interesting aspect of Farage’s article, which begins with the words “I had always said…” is that Trump himself is used as no more than a prop to assist the UKIP leader onto centre stage.
“…my trip ended up with me not only being invited to attend a Donald Trump rally but I was suddenly informed that they wanted me to speak and that Trump would be introducing me.” To refer to oneself five times in the same sentence is not good form, to say the least.
In fact, Farage refers to himself no less than an astonishing 28 times, whilst Trump, supposedly the subject of the article, warrants just 13 mentions.
This is naked narcissism, nothing more, nothing less. Farage sees himself at the centre of everything.
Farage’s behaviour in respect of the leadership of UKIP is also enlightening.
First elected to the office in 2006, following the leadership of Roger Knapman, who was widely credited as being the architect of UKIP’s performance in the 2004 elections, Farage was to resign in 2009 in order to contest the Buckingham constituency in the General Election of 2010. He handed the helm to Lord Pearson, a UKIP peer. Nobody has ever satisfactorily explained this rather strange move.
Farage, who was convinced he was on his way to Westminster, failed to secure the seat with 17.4% of the vote, coming 3rd, behind, amongst others, a man dressed as a dolphin.
And so, he reclaimed the throne, becoming party leader for the second time.
He was then to resign again, in 2015, stating that he wanted to resume a normal life. However, new standards in political farce were set when UKIP’s National Executive “refused” to accept the resignation. So Farage was “forced” to unresign, and he came back for a third time.
Following the Brexit vote in June, he resigned yet again.
The ensuing leadership election was wrapped in the now familiar internal bitterness and acrimony, but it was to deliver an absolute gem: the winner of the election, Diane James, announced after 18 days that she didn’t actually want to be leader after all. And so Farage became de facto leader for the fourth time. Yet another leadership election is due to be held later this month; Farage has declared that he will not stand.
Following the shock win in the US Presidential election by Donald Trump, Farage is quoted in the UK press today as saying that he is seeking a role in the Trump administration, and that he would like to serve as Mr Trump’s ambassador to the European Union that he professes to detest so much.
You really couldn’t make it up!
To view the original of this article CLICK HERE
tel: 44 (0)1594 – 528 337
Calls from ‘Number Withheld’ phones Are Blocked
All unanswered messages are recorded.
Leave your name & a UK land line number & I will return your call.
‘e’Mail Address: Greg_L-W@BTconnect.com
ABOUT ME, Details & Links: CLICK HERE
Accuracy & Copyright Statement: CLICK HERE
UKIP Its ASSOCIATES & DETAILS: CLICK HERE
Summary & archive, facts & comments on Ukip: http://Ukip-vs-EUkip.com
General ‘Stuff’: http://GL-W.com
Leave-The-EU Referendum & BreXit Process CLICK HERE
Documents, Essays & Treaties: CLICK HERE
The Hamlet of Stroat: CLICK HERE
Data & The Study of a Wind Turbine Application: CLICK HERE
Health Blog.: CLICK HERE
Chepstow Chat: CLICK HERE
Christopher Story: CLICK HERE
Des Watkins DFC; CdeG: CLICK HERE/
Hollie Greig etc.: CLICK HERE
Psycheocracy: CLICK HERE
The McCann Case: CLICK HERE
The Speculative Society of Edinburgh: CLICK HERE
Stolen Kids, Dunblane: CLICK HERE
Stolen Kids, Bloggers: CLICK HERE
Views I respect & almost Totally Share: CLICK HERE
A Concept of Governance Worthy of Developement: CLICK HERE
- I NEVER post anonymously on the internet
- ALL MY BLOGS & WEB SITES are clearly sourced to me
- I do NOT use an obfuscated eMail address to hide behind
- I do NOT use or bother reading FaceBook
- I DO have a Voice Mail Message System
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to answer identifiable eMails
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to phone back identifiable UK Land Line Messages
- I do NOT accept phone calls from witheld numbers
- I Regret due to BT in this area I have a rubbish Broadband connection
- I AM opposed to British membership of The EU
- I AM opposed to Welsh, Scottish or English Independence within an interdependent UK
- I am NOT a WARMIST
- I do NOT believe the IPCC Climate Propaganda re Anthropogenic Global Warming
- I AM strongly opposed to the subsidy or use of failed technologies eg. WIND TURBINES
- I AM IN FAVOUR of rapid research & development of NEW NUCLEAR technologies
- I see no evidence to trust POLITICIANS at any level or of any persuasion
- I do NOT believe in GODS singular or plural, Bronze Age or Modern
- I value the NHS as a HEALTH SERVICE NOT a Lifestyle support
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial or GBH rape.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial, terrorist, mass or for pleasure murder.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial gross child abuse including sexual.
- I do NOT trust or believe in armed police
- I do NOT believe in prolonging human life beyond reasonable expectation of sentient participatory intellectual existence
- I believe in EUTHENASIA under clearly defined & legal terms
- I try to make every effort to NOT infringe copyrights in any commercial way & make all corrections of fact brought to my attention by an identifiable individual
Re-TWEET my Twitterings
This entry was posted on 09/11/2016 at 12:57 and is filed under EU, EUkip, UKIP. Tagged: BREXIT, Donald Trump, GL-W, Greg Lance-Watkins, Greg_L-W, Nigel Farage, UKIP Leadership, US Election. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.